Thursday, August 19, 2010

What's on the Needles?

I've been working on the Textured Circle Shrug for over a year - it was a KAL on the web. Most of that time it was hibernating. I have about 2000 seed stitches left... :-( Its Aran weight wool so its not really a fun summer knitting project...but it will eventually get finished this fall.



I'm also working on the Buttercup with Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy in colorway 020, a tomato red, which I purchased from Webs/Yarn.com. I'm just starting into the lace on the front, having joined it in the round about 5 rows ago. I thought maybe I could find the pattern online and link to it for y'all but couldn't find it. I guess Ill have to post some pictures of the progess, eh?



Some of the Wednesday Night Knit Club....er, the South of the River Ravelers, are knitting the Flutter Scarf. I think everyone who's knitting this is using Malabrigo Lace. My colorway is periwinkle and it's LOVELY. I'm making it for a special person. I sure hope she isn't reading this! I don't think she knows the blog exists...should be safe.



In the wings, I want to start on the spiral beret kit I ordered from KnitPicks a few months ago and hope to get that finished before Christmas. I also want to start on the Icarus Shawl with my "4th of July", custom dyed yarn (seen below) from Briar Rose!!! I'm really excited to start that one. The pattern is written for lace weight yarn on size US3 needles. I'm using worsted weight yarn and a size 6 needle...or maybe a US7.








No comments: