Monday, August 2, 2010

Not my Mother's Kmart

Ok, I went over there to the Big K to see what it was like. First thing I noticed was that the parking lot was almost empty; the blacktop cracked and starting to grow weeds in those cracks. Walking through the “IN” door I notice immediately that the lighting is wrong somehow. The ceilings are too high which is also why the lighting is wrong. The display racks and shelving are in need of upgrading and look like they were new back in the 1960s or maybe the 1970s – the EARLY 70’s. There is a scarcity of selection and this alone is off-putting when one is used to the bountiful shelves of Target. Also I couldn’t help noticing that the store was almost completely devoid of customers which lent an air of surrealism to this shopping experience.

If Sears doesn’t want to invest any money in this Kmart and make it viable in Burnsville then they should close the store because it’s a sad, sad shadow of what I remember Kmart to be.

Weird not-quite-bright-enough lighting + Not much to choose from = Not Going Back…period.

I read something over the weekend that was posted on the Target website and they used words like “listening to their employees and guests” and “regret their actions” however it seems to have been removed from their pressroom page now. I was going to link to it but it’s either been removed or its buried somewhere. Alas, I want to patronize you Target but I just don’t agree with what you’ve done. I definitely disagree with Justice Roberts’ view in the Citizen’s United case which has opened up campaign financing to allow corporations to pump obscene amounts of money into the political process!

  

1 comment:

troutbirder said...

Your right on that one.