Monday, August 17, 2009

Mid-August already! Hurry Hurry...its getting away

August is more than half-over! Someday I'm going to take all of August off from work and just enjoy it! I think some of my greatest adventures as a teenager occurred in August. Why shouldn't there be more August adventures ahead?!

We went to a movie on Sunday - District 9. Humans being inhuman to creatures they don't want to understand as metaphor for man's inhumanity to man, perhaps? Someone once said that good cannot exist without evil. Although its a shot at apartheid, as I see it, they would have been treated badly no matter where their ship had stopped. I, being the person always hoping and helping the oppressed, felt sorry immediately for the aliens. And there really weren't any likable humans in this film.

Sort of like the beginning to Wicked - there aren't really any likeable characters in the first 1/4 of that book (which I'm currently reading).

We saw some good trailers before the main feature... Legion (Dennis Quaid, Paul Bettany) looks good...angels sent to purge mankind (last time god lost faith in mankind he sent a flood). Also, Zombieland looks like it will be campy fun and stars Woody Harrelson. Now who doesn't love a good Zombie movie!?? Saw another trailer for 2012 with John Cusack (and Woody Harrelson) where the earth's crust shifts causing another sort of apocalyptic upheaval. Anyone who watches the Discover channel knows all about this one...our 640,000 years are almost up. Surrogates with Bruce Willis looks promising in that Matrix meets The Fifth Element kind of way. Anyway, lots of good horror-sci-fi-fantasy was promised. We'll see what they deliver.

I'm going to see The Time Traveler's Wife with my book club on Friday. I've read the book twice and loved it even more the 2nd time so I have HIGH hopes for the movie!!!

In Knitting - the seafoam scarf and shrug are coming along and the Nutkins are still in hibernation.

No comments: