Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Do Something Good for Mother Earth!

Today is Earth Day peeps! Do something nice to help keep this place in shape. Reuse and/or Recycle whenever possible. If you don't know where to start to be Ecologically responsible...click on the EarthLab link on the right over there at the top of the page and find what you can do to help.


I'm old enough to remember the first Earth Day - I spent the afternoon of April 22, 1970 at a Teach-In at Hempstead Senior High School in Dubuque, Iowa watching videos and discussing our environment and what we needed to do to insure that it was still around for future generations. It was very inspiring. Over the years I haven't been always been as ecologically responsible as I could've been but my carbon footprint remains a lot lower than the local, state and national averages. I hope to do more this year in reducing waste by cutting out more plastic in my life, buying local whenever possible, and starting a composting area in my garden.


How important is clean air and water to you and your family?




No comments: